Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally... A Purpose!

Well I started this blog almost a year ago and I think I've finally come to the conclusion of what it's going to be about. I chose the name of the blog because I wanted to be able to market myself for any future business opportunities that come my way. Recently I've decided that people need to do something they're really passionate about or they aren't going to enjoy what they do very long. So I've thought about my passions in life, what I'm good at and how I can combine these to better society.


One of my greatest passions in life are animals. And to get more specific, reptiles. To simply put it, they fascinate me like a little boy on Christmas morning, but all year long. Ever since I was little I spent summers catching turtles, snakes, lizards, frogs and anything else I could get my hands on. Some of these became temporary pets until my mom decided she couldn't take them any more and until I realized they deserved to be free. Only animals born into captivity make adequate pets, and I've gone that route my whole life too. I owned turtles, lizards, frogs and other creepy-crawlies throughout my childhood. And it's been a life-long dream of mine to have a pet iguana. Unfortunately, I've never owned the space large enough to care for a creature a reptile of that magnitude.

When I think back on all the jobs I've ever had, one sticks out as my favorite. For two summers I was a Youth Counselor for summer religious youth camps. I have never had so much fun and felt so important at the same time while getting paid. These are the things I want every day in my work. So I asked myself how I could combine these things into one: reptiles, entertaining others while making a difference, and loving my career.

A couple things came to mind but one that stood on the forefront was this: Starting my own entertaining, educational and interactive reptile show.

So to make a long story even longer, I'm going to dedicate this blog to reptiles and anything that can help me get this business up and running. I haven't come up with a name yet so any suggestions are welcome. I appreciate any support in this venture. Thanks.

0 comments: