Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pets vs. Career

I recently stumbled upon this article that talks about pet owners and their chosen career paths. Quite interesting I must say. They did a survey and pulled 2,300 pet owners. And this is what they concluded:


  • Reptile owners were more likely to be engineers, social workers, marketing and public relations professionals, editors or writers and police officers.
  • Dog owners were more likely to be professors, nurses, information technology professionals, military professionals and entertainers.
  • Cat owners were more likely to be physicians, real estate agents, lab technicians, machine operators and personal caretakers.
  • Fish owners were more likely to be human resources professionals, financial professionals, hotel and leisure professionals, farming/fishing/forestry professionals and transportation professionals.
  • Bird owners were more likely to be advertising professionals, sales reps, construction workers and administrative professionals.
So what type of pet do you have? Did they guess right with regards to your career choices? I currently own 3 red ear sliders and have owned various reptiles throughout my life and I currently work in online marketing. I guess they got me all figured out based solely on my pets!

0 comments: